Another day, another dollar....
Work life..... Dean is very happy in his job as an an IB history teacher at Yokohama International School. He loves the kids and is enjoying the challenges of teaching international students. I am currently flitting around the place with my finger in a few pies.... two days a week at Yokohama International School in the library; two half days a week at Yokohama Union Church Preschool where I am assistant teacher in the 2 year old "class" as well as cataloging their small library into a new automated system and creating a web site to promote the preschool (I'll post a link when it's up) ; and one afternoon a week talking at an English conversation cafe. The conversation cafe is in a real cafe and involves me conversing in English with Japanese women over coffee/tea. It is fun meeting Japanese people, learning about their world and helping with their English!
Next week I start my M Ed online through the University of Wollongong. This semester I am full time and then I will probably go part-time as last week I signed a contract for a full time job as the librarian at Tokyo International School .... alas, the weakening yen and increasing interest rates in Australia dictate that I need to get a real job for a while and make some dollars (or is that yen?). I start in the new school year in August after our summer break! I'm very excited about working at such a great school!








No comments:
Post a Comment